Seeking Non Executive Directors
Are you an experienced finance professional looking for a non-executive directorship? Do you have the skills, experience and passion to help establish the West’s first customer owned regional bank?
Can you develop and support an executive team, help build a Board, raise investment and foster an excellent relationship with regulators?
Or do you have broader business, public sector or community experience that could help steer Avon Mutual to a successful launch by joining our Advisory Council?
If the answer to any of these questions is ‘yes’ we would like to hear from you.
Avon Mutual aims to support inclusive and sustainable prosperity in Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Bristol and Bath. Incorporated in February 2018, we are now seeking early stage funding, carrying out detailed strategic and business planning and preparing our banking licence application. We aim to offer a genuine alternative for customers looking for a values-led bank that serves their community
• We believe that earning and honouring mutual trust with our customers is at the core of successful banking.
• We will be owned by our customers and accountable to them.
• We will not engage in financial speculation or pay bonuses.
• We will uphold high ethical standards and support socially and environmentally responsible businesses.
• We will offer bank accounts to all residents of the region on equal terms. • We will serve our vital small business sector, and
• We will build a branch network as well as online and mobile banking – you decide how you want to bank with us.
Avon Mutual is a member of the Community Savings Bank Association (CSBA) which is supporting the creation of 18 regional banks across the UK, and we will benefit from their banking expertise and infrastructure.
Non-executive director positions
We are looking to appoint one or two non-executive directors to the Board of Avon Mutual during this first phase of development. To complement the current two Directors, we are looking for people:
• with management experience in retail banking
• ideally though not necessarily based in the region
• who are dedicated financial professionals dismayed by the lost trust and reputation of banks since the financial crisis
• who are excited about building a new kind of bank that combines modern technology with traditional values of service to the community and relationship banking
When we achieve a banking licence, non-executives will be remunerated at a commercial rate. During the start-up phase, remuneration will be dependent on fundraising progress.
Advisory Council members
We aim to build a bank tailored to the needs of the people and businesses of the West. If you can offer your knowledge and experience of the region and its communities to help us craft the bank’s business plan, you want to support this initiative, and you can offer a small amount of time on a voluntary basis we'd love to hear from you. We are committed to diversity at all levels of the organisation and applications are encouraged from women and those from minority ethnic backgrounds.
To express an interest, ask any questions or find out more please contact Jules Peck at firstname.lastname@example.org